Friday, March 23, 2007

Funny...?

About ten years ago I talked with a friend of mine. I told him I wanted to work with children. Later in the conversation I said that I didn't really have a heart for children, and didn't think too much about the lack of connection in the whole picture, if you see what I mean... Not until my friend asked me "Why do you want to work with children when you don't have a heart for them?" Fair enough...! I could not give him a proper answer. Not until four years ago.
That's when I started my teacher education. I never wanted to become a teacher, because I think there are enough teachers in my family. However, when God told me I should apply for the University College for the teacher education, I first laughed, but then applied.
It turned out, no surprise, to be one of the best choices I've made! I soon realized this was really "It" for me! I have had some of my best years studying, I have found several great new friends, and I've learned SO much!
One of the main things I have learned is, guess what, that I really love to teach and I love to be with children! Today I was a replacement teacher (if that's what it's called...) and it was SO NICE!
So ten years ago I wasn't really too fond of children, but now I love them! Funny..? Or has God known what He has been doing all along?

No comments: